previously, i presented some choice f-words from a naughty dictionary. i think it only fair that i feng shui the durtyness of those words with some far cleaner f-words from another dictionary. from a handlist of rhetorical terms (1991)° [paraphrased]:
- far fet: a figure of speech where the present effect is attributed to a remote cause: “the ship is sinking, damn the forest where the mast grew.” (also metalepsis)
- fleering frumpe: mockery of an opponent accompanied by a gesture. (also mycterismus)
- flitting figure: passing over an issue quickly. (also metastasis)
- forrein speech: mispronunciation through ignorance or a wretched accent to fit the meter or rhyme. (also barbarismus)
- foule speech: lewd allusion or double entendre (also cacemphaton)
- frequentatio: word heaps; when one tries to win an argument by using a multitude of unnecessary words. (also congeries)
looking over this list is like reading a harry potter grimoire°.